Friday, October 07, 2005

Harriet Miers

To be honest, I'm ambivalent. When Americans start worrying about what's going on in their own homes as opposed to the White House we'll all be a lot better off. A judge is just a lawyer and a lawyer is just a guy or girl who passed all the tests in law school. I've spent most of my life working in law firms and some of the people I've met are so messed up and so miserable that I wouldn't want to be them for anything. Some people are against Harriet Miers because she didn't go to Harvard or Yale. I've known several people from those schools. A few were brilliant. Others were nothing special. Two were darn near insane. Who cares what college a person went to? How precious and elitist. I thought we left that crap in England.

Besides it hardly matters who'se on the court bench anyway. Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. It will not change. It will not change because we Christians failed. If we can change people's hearts then and only then will the majority of the nation will want the law changed.