Wednesday, November 07, 2012

From today's Liturgy of the Hours

 
 
 
The Lord, judge over all Psalm 74 (75)


God will not judge by appearances, but he will rule with justice and fairness.

We shall give you thanks, O God,

give thanks and call on your name.

We shall recount your marvels.

At the moment that I have decreed

I shall hand down my judgements.

If the earth trembles with all that is in it,

it is I who set firm its pillars.

I have said to the boastful, ‘Stop boasting!’

I have said to the wicked, ‘Stop showing off your strength!’

Stop flaunting your strength to the heavens;

stop speaking boldly against God!

For triumph does not come

from the east or the west;

it does not come from the wilderness.

It is God who is the judge:

he raises some, abases others.

The cup in the Lord’s hand

is foaming with wine that is drugged.

He pours it out and they will drain it.

All the sinners of the earth shall drink.

But I will proclaim him for ever,

and sing of the God of Jacob.

I will smash the strength of the wicked,

and the power of the just shall prevail.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,

as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,

world without end.

Amen.

God will not judge by appearances, but he will rule with justice and fairness.